Does UV Sterilization Effective for Disinfection of Viruses, Bacteria, and Germs?
Does UV sterilization kill Viruses, Bacteria, and Germs? What are its advantages? With the more and more arrival of UV sterilization products in the market, we start to think more about these questions.
UV light has been used for disinfection and sterilization since the 20th century. The continuous evolution of advancements in technology, especially in UV lights, and its durability and long lifespan have elevated the effectiveness of UV light sterilization in various fields. The popularity of UV lights in the disinfection of water, air, fruits, vegetables, surgical products, electronic devices, and numerous surfaces proved the UV sterilization effectiveness.
In UV sterilization, all types of UV lights are not effective. Only UV-C (100-280nm) has enough energy to destroy micro-organisms for effective UV sterilization. When you look for a UV sterilization product for your home or business, ensure that its UV wavelength comes in between 100-280 nm, which means the UV-C.
The power of the UV sterilization system proved through various studies that show UV-C at 254 nm is more effective against all pathogens, viruses, germs, and bacteria. The microorganisms come in different sizes and shapes, and the UV disinfection can break the genetics of organisms, and the required time for killing each species varies most of the time.
UV Sterilization - Advantages
- The UV disinfection is convenient, and no use of chemicals is required. So, there won’t be any chemical residue behind.
- The ability of UV sterilization to destroy all types of microorganisms, drug-resistant bacteria, viruses, and germs.
- UV disinfection is non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
- UV sterilization is safer than harsh chemicals in disinfecting products if you take the necessary precautions.
- UV lights are known as one of the most effective forms of disinfection.
Finally, when purchasing a UV sterilization system for your home or business, always remember and follow the manufacturer’s safety instructions, including UV light exposure time, UV light source distance, and other safety precautions.
For Effective UV Sterilization for the disinfection of Viruses, Bacteria, and Germs, get the UV sterilization system from Virus Armor.
Our UV-C Disinfection Products includes
- Handheld UV-C Sterilizer Wand
- UV-C Disinfection Bag
- Table-Top UV-C Sterilizer-36W
- UV-C Floor Model Sterilizer-120W
- UV-C Trolley Sterilizer-650W
- UV-C 80W Linear Twin
- UV-C Tube Sterilizer
- UV-C Medical/Commercial Sterilizer
- UV-C Door Handle Sterilizer
- LED + UV-C Retrofit Downlight